May 2017 Meeting with MnISPI’s David Amdur
How to Craft Eye-catching Learning: Effective Use of Graphic Design, Images, and Diagrams with with David Amhur
Tuesday, May 16, 2017, 5:30 – 8:00 pm, Metropolitan State University
High quality graphic design makes information more accessible, attractive, and authoritative. Images and diagrams can create compelling contexts for learning, organize concepts, and give vivid and memorable expression to content.
Studies have shown that words supported with graphics yield 89% more correct solutions to transfer problems than words alone.
This presentation described and demonstrated principles for effective use of visual communication in e-learning. It will be valuable both for do-it-yourself designers and those who direct others.
This session reviewed:
- Design tips based on factors that impact readability, connotative messages, and logistics
- Tips for effective use of icons and diagrams
- Tips for use of images to create context for learning
- Tips to illustrate and interpret content and tell stories
- Resources for further exploration of the topics